When the windows in your vehicle crack, chip, or are otherwise damaged, it is essential to take in the car for repair. It might seem like a minor issue that doesn’t need regular repair, but the truth is that small damage can quickly turn into a major problem. You can schedule service with the auto window repair Clackamas company and leave those worries behind.
There are many different things that cause window damage. Usually it is simply the act of driving that damages the window. Wind applied with force and simple dirt flying through the air can cause a window to crack when combined with the heat, rain, and various other weather elements. Of course, there are also many things that can cause the crack in the windshield to occur. This includes:
· Sunlight: If the windows in your car come in contact with sunlight, it can very well break the protective seal and cause damage from the UV rays.
· Storms: Large chunks of hail falling from the sky is one of the most common causes of window damage.
· Driving on gravel roads: Pavement is our friend; gravel is not.
· Construction Vehicles: These vehicles are filled with a variety of items that can damage your vehicle. Do not follow these vehicles too closely to reduce the risk of damage.
· Minor Accidents: A random baseball landing on the window is a quick way to crack a window and it happens far more often than some people realize. Of course, this is just one example of the damage that can crack or chip the windows on your vehicle.
· Improper Installation: If the window/windshield is not installed on your car properly, it puts it at considerably greater risk for damage, cracks, and chips. It is important that you choose an expert to install windows to avoid this risk.